The marketplace is flooded with all sorts of products and aggressive marketers that if one is not careful, there is a big chance of you getting a very raw deal for your hard to get cash. The market is flooded with all sorts of fake traders all competing to get a quick buck through naive shoppers so do your research well on the materials, suppliers and manufacturers before deciding on a particular ready to assemble purchase.
You need to look out for the following when shopping for RTA cabinets:
- The frames, strips, backs, drawer boxes should be made from solid wood to ensure the stability of the cabinet. It is preferable that hardware like screws, hinges, staples, or nails are metallic rather than plastic so that the different parts are held in place. The drawers should be dove tailed.
- It should have strong joints such as mortise or tenon
- If plywood is used it should be thick layered or veneered
- Cam locks are better for locking the cabinet together
- Hinges should be of European origin and metallic
- The wood glue should be of high quality
- The drawer slides should be those that are self- closing and not those that you have to keep shutting manually
Make sure you have with you the measurements of your kitchen, bathroom or pantry to enable you buy ready to assemble wood filing cabinets that utilize the available space to the maximum. Used filing cabinets are also a good option.
RTA cabinets can be bought from any home improvement store or on the internet. Well known home improvement stores like Lowe’s, Ikea and Home Depot are good shopping places if you want to be assured of the quality of your purchase. A wider selection in terms of quality, models and costs is easily found online as well. Use product reviews and complaint boards to verify the reliability of a particular cabinet brand, supplier or manufacturer.
Keep off low grade ready to assemble cabinets to avoid disappointment and waste of your hard to find pennies.